Trusts & Estates Attorney in Chicago, IL
Trusts & Estates Attorney – Succession Planning Opportunity!
Our client, a Chicago- and Schaumburg-based business law firm, has a unique succession planning opportunity for a Trust & Estates Attorney who has extensive experience assisting ultra-high-net-worth clients navigate tax issues and other complexities of their closely held businesses and other assets.
The client base consists of closely held business owners, wealthy families, and private and public charities. The practice will include business succession planning, leveraged gift techniques, generation-skipping transfer tax issues, will, trust and tax controversy matters, and estate and trust administration.
Key Attributes of This Position:
- Work alongside a senior practitioner who is planning to retire in the next couple of years and who has a sizeable practice.
- The goal/purpose of this position is for the hired attorney to inherit the practice.
This law firm is comprised of former BigLaw attorneys who have a sophisticated practice in corporate law, real estate, estate planning, tax law, securities, and litigation. While smaller in size (approximately 40 attorneys), the firm benefits from low overhead and competitive billing rates, excellent benefits, and talented support staff.
Background of the Ideal Trusts & Estates Attorney:
- Experience working with high-net-worth clientele (in some cases worth over $1B)
- Ability to handle delicate and complex matters that can range from drafting charitable giving documents, estate and generation-skipping tax planning, to processing federal gift and estate tax returns
- Excellent project management skills
- Interpersonal skills that instill trust
- Drive and desire to become an Equity Partner
- National law firm experience is ideal, but not required
- Strong academic record from a Tier 1 law school is preferred, but not required
- CPA or LL.M. in Taxation is preferred, but not required
Important to note:
Senior associates, partners, of-counsel, and qualified in-house counsel candidates are encouraged to apply.
The position will be located in Chicago, IL, or Schaumburg, IL.
A hybrid work situation may be accommodated.
We are open to considering candidates who are not yet licensed in Illinois but will require IL licensure upon joining the law firm. There is a strong preference for Illinois attorneys.
MB Attorney Search does not, and will not, provide the identity of the candidate to the client without having obtained the candidate’s consent first. If selected for a screening interview, MB Attorney Search will discuss the client’s name with the candidate.
About MB Attorney Search:
At MB Attorney Search, we will advocate for attorneys’ legal career goals. We realize we aren’t just filling a position—we’re dealing with people’s livelihoods and professional, as well as personal, lives. Because of this understanding, we deliberately seek to match attorneys’ long-term goals and personalities with the opportunity that is right for them.
Our client is highly motivated to hire, so if you’re an experienced, knowledgeable attorney who’s ready to take a step towards advancing your career, and you’d like to learn more about the position, please apply.