The Tampa, Florida office of a prominent law firm is seeking a litigation attorney for a non-partnership track position to service one major client. The ideal candidate has two years of litigation experience, strong research, and writing skills, as well as experience with conducting discovery, drafting motions, and arguing a motion in court. Experience with insurance claims and construction and design defect claims is preferred.
This is a non-partnership track position, and you’ll work on one main client and become an expert quickly in their industry. This an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to remain in litigation, but does not want the added responsibility of building a practice or hitting high billable hour requirements. The hour requirement is 1900 hours, but there is some flexibility in that.
Requirements of the Litigation Attorney role
- J.D. graduate from an ABA-approved law school.
- A Florida Bar member, or has the ability to gain admission within a reasonable time frame.
- Two years of litigation experience. Construction litigation experience preferred.
- Experience conducting discovery and drafting motions; Courtroom experience is preferred.
- The ability to manage a significant volume of matters in a timely and organized fashion.
- Desire to work with one client and become a valuable partner with them.
This firm offers excellent benefits and highly collaborative culture. Candidates must feel comfortable with the fact that this is not a partnership-track role and will not roll into one at this time.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, JD transcript and writing sample to Michelle@mbattorneysearch.com.