Investment Management Attorney
Why This Position Is Unique:
- This is a young and energetic practice: the partners are in the early stage of the partnership, are entrepreneurial, and excited to grow the practice
- Innovative ideas that fit their business model are fully supported to pursue, even as an associate (in fact, originating credit is given to associates for new clients that are brought to the firm!)
- You are able to become a partner with no ceiling on your growth or the growth of your practice; this is a partnership-track position where the partnership track is clear and attainable
- minimum of three years of experience advising on investment strategies
- experience with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
This position will cover a wide array of fund types and investment strategies, including private equity, venture capital, and real estate funds. You may also analyze investment funds for pension funds and family office clients.
This associate will assist clients with fund formation, handling all drafting and documentation, and helping clients work through complex issues related to formation. For established funds, you will negotiate and draft side letters and closing investment documents, manage the closing process, and review and respond to all compliance and operational securities issues related to investment funds, investment advisors, and broker-dealers.
It's your choice as to where and how you wish to work. This position is open to the attorney working fully remotely, in a hybrid environment, OR in an in-person office. This firm has several offices across the United States AND a fully-remote arm as well.
MB Attorney Search does not, and will not, provide the identity of the candidate to the client without having obtained the candidate’s consent first.
At MB Attorney Search, we will advocate for attorneys’ legal career goals. We realize we aren’t just filling a position—we’re dealing with people’s livelihoods and professional, as well as personal, lives. Because of this understanding, we deliberately seek to match attorneys’ long-term goals and personalities with the opportunity that is right for them.