Intellectual Property Associate in Chicago, IL
One of our favorite clients is growing their Patent Prosecution team!
This pre-eminent national Patent Prosecution practice is looking to add a Patent Associate Attorney that has a degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering. We will also consider those with a computer science degree. An advanced degree is preferred.
This opportunity will involve working with various wireless technologies, machine learning, semiconductors, and blockchain technology.
Why we love this client and the Intellectual Property team:
- This IP group takes a holistic approach to their work with clients at all stages of growth. – from identifying and protecting new innovations, defending brands and technologies, and increasing profits, this law firm partners with their clients every step of the way.
- This firm has over 250 patent professionals, offering their clients expertise in the following areas – patent litigation and appeals, post-grant proceedings, patent prosecution and portfolio counseling, trademark, copyright, advertising, internet, and trade secret counseling and litigation, as well as technology licensing and monetization.
- The firm has a close-knit culture. Associates are treated as valued colleagues by partners.
- The partners at the firm are committed to the Associates’ success and truly want to see them become partners.
- The firm, while an Am Law 100 law firm, has not lost its Midwest vibe and down-to-earth work ethic.
- Associates are given the opportunity to work on substantive projects that become increasingly more advanced as they climb the ranks.
- The firm offers a clear path to partnership, which is reflected in its professional development and mentoring program.
Qualified Patent Associate Attorneys will have the following:
- In addition to graduating from an ABA-accredited law school, a degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Strong academic credentials are essential.
- Admission to the USPTO.
- Two years of patent prosecution experience, preferably at a large law firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills and writing skills.
- The ability to work within a multi-office platform, take on challenging responsibilities and collaborate in a team-oriented environment.
This position is located in Chicago; however, other major markets could be considered. The position will be located in the office (depending on COVID requirements); however, a hybrid arrangement could be considered.
If you are interested in an office in addition to or other than Chicago, please let us know.
Candidates must be licensed in the jurisdiction in which they will be practicing. We will consider candidates that are not yet licensed in the required jurisdiction.
Our commitment to you
Your information will be kept in strict confidence and not shared with our client until we’ve had a conversation with you about the opportunity and you’ve given us permission to move forward. You will be required to submit a JD transcript if selected for a screening interview.
MB Attorney Search offers a wide range of services that include Associate Attorney, In-House Attorney, and Partner Recruitment and Placement; Consulting for Law Firm Mergers; and Attorney Career Coaching.
Michelle Bigler, President of MB Attorney Search, has over 20 years of law firm recruitment experience and has placed hundreds of attorneys in a wide range of practice areas and roles.