Attorney – Privacy and Data Security in Chicago, IL
Our client, an Am Law 100 powerhouse, is seeking an associate to join their leading privacy and security practice. This is an exciting opportunity to work with innovative companies on data protection issues. You’ll be involved with advising on privacy issues, product counseling, and risk mitigation.
Here’s why this group stands out:
- The group represents clients, from startups to Fortune 500 companies in technology, retail, digital publishing, advertising, manufacturing, financial services, healthcare and education.
- The team includes an impressive roster of litigators, former regulators, national security experts, and technologists who have deep expertise across the privacy and security arenas.
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience with the alphabet soup of federal and state privacy laws, like the FTC Act, HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, etc.
- You have experience conducting privacy assessments and collaborating with clients to develop data maps.
- You have strong writing skills and have experience drafting privacy policies and procedures.
- You graduated near the top of your law school class, and have the drive to work for a tier 1 law firm.
- You have at least two years of legal experience.
This law firm pays market-rate salaries and offers a generous bonus structure.
This position could be located in Chicago, New York, or Washington DC. The successful candidate will need to gain licensure in the jurisdiction in which they reside, as soon as possible.
Qualified candidates will have two years of experience drafting privacy policies and procedures, privacy impact assessments, and data processing agreements.
Candidates must be licensed in Wisconsin soon after joining the firm; however, we will consider candidates that are not yet licensed in the required jurisdiction.
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
Our commitment to you:
Your information will be kept in strict confidence and not shared with our client until we’ve had a conversation with you about the opportunity and you’ve given us permission to move forward.
You will be required to submit a JD transcript if selected for a screening interview.
MB Attorney Search offers a wide range of services that include Associate Attorney, In-House Attorney, and Partner Recruitment and Placement; Consulting for Law Firm Mergers; and Attorney Career Coaching for clients and candidates located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Chicago, Illinois, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, as well as other metropolitan areas across the Midwest. Michelle Bigler, President of MB Attorney Search, has over 20 years of law firm recruitment experience and has placed hundreds of attorneys in a wide range of practice areas and roles.