We are seeking a Commercial Finance Attorney to join a prominent national law firm’s Milwaukee office. The successful candidate will have at least two years representing banks and other financial institutions, borrowers in commercial loans, and commercial real estate financing transactions. This individual will have experience with acquisition finance, asset-based loan transactions, real estate loan transactions, cash flow financing, and floorplan financing. Experience with securities issues is a plus, particularly UCC’s subordination agreements, credit agreements, etc. While this firm has always enjoyed a vibrant banking practice, they are busier they are busier than ever and there is great opportunity to handle complex and high-level transactions. This is a partnership track position with a highly collaborative and progressive law firm.
This position is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and relocation assistance is available to the successful candidate.
If not already a Wisconsin barred attorney, licensure will be required to be obtained soon after joining the firm.
Qualifications of Commercial Finance Attorney
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative team on complex and multi-faceted transactions.
- A strong academic record for law school, graduating with honors.
- At least two years handling complex commercial finance-related transactions, but not more than six years of experience.
- Motivation and drive to become an equity partner at a national law firm.
Perks of Commercial Finance Attorney
- Opportunity to collaborate across multiple disciplines (i.e. practice areas) and work in a team environment to address clients’ needs.
- Multiple opportunities for training and learning from leading experts
- Flexible and remote-working options for when you need to work outside of the office.
- Offices in multiple cities across the nation.
- Cutting edge technology to help attorney work more efficiently and effectively for their clients.
- Work with supervising attorneys to represent banks, other financial institutions, and borrowers in commercial loan, commercial real estate finance, and equipment leasing matters. Primary responsibilities include (i) drafting and negotiation of loan and equipment lease documents, (ii) reviewing corporate due diligence (including UCC lien searches, organizational documents, certificates of good standing, litigation searches) and real estate due diligence (including review of title documents and surveys), (iii) assisting with loan and equipment lease closings, and (iv) performing legal research.
Practicing Law in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Milwaukee is a vibrant city with a diverse culture, impressive professional sports teams, a vibrant performing arts community, and offers a short commute to an affordable trendy downtown condo or suburban home. Practicing law in Milwaukee you will see some of the same sophisticated transactions that happen in much larger cities, work alongside national experts, and win clients over with affordable billing rates. Compensation is aligned well with the market. Milwaukee is truly one of the Midwest’s hidden gems.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
About MB Attorney Search LLC
MB Attorney Search is a leading legal recruitment firm that recruits top legal talent for our clients’ Midwestern offices. We specialize in attorney placement in law firms and companies; however, also handle paralegal, patent agent, and support staff placement.
Related Jobs (19)
Tax Attorney on February 25, 2019
Attorney on February 27, 2019
Tax Attorney on April 6, 2018
Paralegal on February 27, 2019
Intellectual Property Attorney – EE or Comp Sci on February 27, 2019
Commercial Litigation Attorney on February 1, 2019
Real Estate Attorney on December 7, 2018
Attorney – Corporate Associate – Mergers and Acquisitions on February 24, 2019
Estate Planning Attorney on February 26, 2019
Food and Agriculture Attorney on February 24, 2019